Evolis manufactures plastic id card printers for id badge printing and personalization : student ID cards, loyalty programs, banking cards, transportation passes, membership cards, driving licences, identity cards, id card, employee badges, voting cards, health cards, access badges, and visitor badges. A badge can host data pertaining to its holder, with four-color photo-quality printing, and perform data encoding (magnetic stripe, smart card and/or contactless card). Evolis is specialized in creating these innovative id card printers. Evolis also markets the Badgy card printer , a turnkey solution to print badges on plastic cards , in small runs and without encoding options. Get more information on Badgy card printer on www.badgy.com .
Evolis also offers accessories and identification supplies through its subsidiary SOGEDEX ACCESSORIES.
How to do a periodical cleaning of the card printer?
The cleaning LED warns you when you need to clean the insides of the card printer (every 1000 cards processed).
Passing the adhesive card repeatedly through the card printer cleans the cleaning roller. This removes any residual dust found on the front and back faces of the cards before they are introduced into the card printer.
- Open the card printer cover.
- Using the gauge, set the card thickness to the MAX position.
- Remove the ribbon from the card printer if present.
- Close the cover and check it has clicked shut.
- Open the feeder and remove any cards present in the feeder.
- Close the feeder.
- Peel off the film from a new adhesive cleaning card supplied by Evolis Card Printer.
- Double-click the control panel’s pushbutton.
- When the Card/ribbon LED on the control panel flashes, Insert the cleaning card in the manual feeder, adhesive face upwards. Cleaning starts.
- The used adhesive card is ejected automatically by the manual feeder.
- Put the ribbon back into the card printer, then place some blank cards in the feeder and adjust the gauge to the appropriate card thickness.