Holograms on cards
A hologram is an advanced form of photography that allows an image to be recorded in three dimensions.
As opposed to 3D and virtual reality on a 2D computer screen, a hologram appears to stand out as a true image in three dimensions that does not simulate image depth or require specific material to be viewed.
Why use a hologram as a security enforcement tool?
- It is not possible to duplicate a hologram with a scanner or a color photocopying machine
- It is not possible to fabricate or copy a hologram through standard printing processes
- The initial levels of visual security can be used to integrate additional levels of control for a card
Creation and reproduction of holograms are exclusively performed by a small number of industrial companies. The techniques employed are complex and use very rigorous procedures. Holograms, therefore, stand as a dependable solution for printing secured badges and cards.
No material is required to control the genuineness of a hologram. This can quickly and reliably be performed at a glance
How to integrate a hologram on a card?
A hologram is applied on the card in the form of a transparent layer, thanks to a special ribbon.
Evolis offers four types of hologram ribbons:
- The generic continuous Genuine Globes varnish ribbon for thermal transfer printers (P/N: R4002 and P/N: RVA022NAA)
- The generic registered Globe varnish ribbon for lamination (P/N: R4213)
- The generic Globe patch ribbon for lamination (P/N: R4251)
- A customized hologram solution, when a specific design is required. Please contact us for more information on this product.