A multifunctional system for maximum card security
Core is a system dedicated to the instant production of secure cards and is capable of performing up to four operations in just one single step:
- Single or double-sided color sublimation printing,
- Data encoding on magnetic strips, contact or contactless smartcards (these technologies can be combined with each other),
- Laser engraving of text, images, and security features, either single or double-sided,
- Single or double-sided lamination, with or without holograms.
Thanks to this versatility, Core provides performance and productivity that are rarely equaled.
The Core system is ideal for printing all types of highly secure badges, such as:
With Core, you can integrate a range of highly secure personalization features:
- Prevention of any attempt to fake cards thanks to a laser procedure:
- Ghost images,
- CLI (Changeable Laser Image),
- Tactile effects,
- LPI® (Laser Protected Image).
- Premium protection thanks to the card lamination with or without holograms:
- Personalized or generic hologram.
- Encoding technologies on magnetic strips, contact or contactless smartcards that can be combined with each other.
These different procedures used together significantly increase the security level of the card to prevent counterfeiting attempts.
- Contact or contactless chip
- Personal data laser engraved
- CLI (Changeable Laser Image)
- Microtext laser engraved
- Color sublimation printing in 300 dpi (with or without LPI®)
- Lamination with or without hologram
- Ghost image laser engraved
- MRZ (area easy to read by the machine) laser engraved with tactile effect
Security of the printing process:
Core ensures secure card production thanks to a:
- Locking system to access the laser and lamination films,
- Space for Kensington® security lock.
A unique and complete range of consumables
Core supports several card types: PC, PET, PVC, ABS, etc.
The range of Evolis High Trust® printing and lamination ribbons consists of:
- Color ribbons adapted to all types of personalization:
- YMCKO: full color card, single or double-sided,
- ½ YMCKO: ½ color card,
- YMCKO-K: full color card front/monochrome reverse,
- UcYMCK: UnichromaTM ribbon adapted to printing with dye sublimation on polycarbonate cards.
- Lamination films to protect the cards
- Several patch sizes (0.6 – 1.0 mil)
- Personalized holograms with overt, covert, and forensic security features.
- Color printing module, laser engraving module, and laminating station
- Printing module:
- Direct-to-card dye-sublimation/Resin thermal transfer
- Edge-to-edge printing
- Single or double-sided printing
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm)
- 16 million colors
- 16 MB memory (RAM)
- Diode Pumped Solid State Laser (DPSSL) source, 6 watts
- Vector and raster graphics
- Dual-sided laser engraving
- Laser marking resolution: 600 dpi
- Single board computer driven by Windows Embedded System (WES)
- Heat transfer
- Varnish or patch
- Double-sided lamination
- Flow: 2 mm/s to 18 mm/s
- Temperature: 100 °C to 180 °C
Speed of customization
- Up to 70 single sided cards printed per hour with color printing, laser engraving and lamination
Options for laser engraving
- CLI (Changeable Laser Image)
- XY Positioning camera
- OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
Card management and specifications
- Feeder capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Output hopper capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Reject tray capacity: 30 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Card thickness: 0.50 to 1 mm (20 to 40 mil), automatic gauge
- Card types: Polycarbonate (PC) cards, PET cards, PVC cards, ABS cards, ABS cards.
- Card format: ISO CR80 – ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm)
Additional encoding modules
- ISO 7811 HiCo/LoCo, JIS2 magnetic stripe encoder
- Smartcard contact station ISO 7816-2
- Contact smartcard encoder – PC/SC, EMV 2000-1
- Contactless smartcard encoder – ISO 14443A, B, ISO15693, MIFARE, MIFARE+, DESFire, HID iCLASS
- Other specific encoders upon request
- Options can be combined
- Data encryption for magnetic encoding
- Locking system to access the laser and elements of lamination
- Support for Kensington® security lock
- Graphic printer status notifications using LEDs: feeder empty, cleaning alerts, end of ribbon alert, ribbon due to end, etc.
Evolis Hight Trust® ribbons
To maximize the quality and durability of printed cards, the lifespan of the print head and the overall printer reliability, use Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
- Delivered in a drop-in cassette for easy handling
- Easy-to-load cassette for laminating films
- Software suite including all the tools for users and developers
Certification and declaration of conformity
- Class 1 laser product (EN 60825)
Size and weight
- Size: 480 x 280 x 940 mm (7.68’’ x 8.07’’ x 12.36’’)
- Weight: 38.5 kg (84.87 lbs)
- 1-year warranty (printer, print head, laser, heater), limited to 100,000 insertions (1)
- Warranty extension available as an option
(1) Warranty subject to observance of specific conditions and use of Evolis High Trust® ribbons.
An insertion is equivalent to printing a card on one side, or encoding it.