TattooRW - How to clean the inside of the printer?
Cleaning the insides of the printer is required every 400 cards processed cards, when the cleaning LED alerts you.
- Make sure the printer is plugged.
- Press on both sides of the feeder and detach it from the printer by lifting it up and out.
- Remove any card located in the feeder.
- Use a new cleaning card provided by Evolis and place it in the feeder.
- Open the cover then close it. The control panel's cleaning button will then switch on.
- Press the push button for one second.
- The cleaning process will start.
- As the card passes multiple times inside the printer, it cleans the card transport rollers, the cleaning rollers, and the print head as well.
- The used card is then ejected to the output hopper.
- Place back the cards in the feeder.
- Wait a couple of minutes before using the printer until the cleaning product has fully evaporated.