Tattoo² - How to clean the interior of the printer ?
Cleaning the insides of the printer is required every 400 cards processed cards, when the cleaning LED alerts you.
- Switch the printer on and open the cover.
- Remove the ribbon, and then close the cover.
- Press on both sides of the feeder and detach it from the printer by lifting it up and out.
- Remove any card located in the feeder.
- Use a new cleaning card provided by Evolis and place it in the feeder.
- Press the control panel’s push button for one second.
- The cleaning process will start.
- As the card passes multiple times inside the printer, it cleans the card transport rollers, the cleaning rollers, and the print head as well.
- The used card is then ejected to the output hopper.
- Place back the ribbon in the printer and the cards in the feeder.