How do I clean the print head?
The print head is a sensitive component of your printer. To avoid damaging it:
- Unplug the printer before you start cleaning the print head.
- Follow the cleaning cycles.
- Make sure that the print head never comes into contact with sharp and/or metallic objects.
- Avoid touching the surface of the print head with your fingers.
This could affect print quality or even permanently damage the print head.
- Unplug the printer from the power supply. The pushbutton light goes out.
- Open the printer cover.
- Take a cleaning pen supplied by Evolis
- Remove the cap and gently rub the pen along the print head from left to right for a few seconds.
- Put the cap back on the pen.
- Close the printer cover.
- Wait two minutes for the cleaning agent to evaporate completely before using the printer.
- Reconnect the printer to the power supply to switch it on. The control button lights up.